Sunday, October 30, 2011

A Longer Lasting Wholeness

“You extended the time he might live in the body until You should give him a greater and longer lasting wholeness.”

- St. Augustine


I approached the abyss seven years ago. And I bargained with God in the beginning. But seven years ago today is when a shady peace entered my hospital room. And it was that fog of death that led me to give up. To give in.

My body was in a living hell and all I longed for was heaven. But You, oh Lord, knew. You knew I couldn't go to heaven in the state I was in. No, You were planning a longer lasting wholeness for me God...

Thank you will never be enough. Mere words mean nothing if I don't live a life that shows You and everyone else how grateful I am.

I have no reason to wallow or hide or play hermit on this seven year anniversary. I can and should only be eternally grateful. Eternally filled with thanks and joy. Eternally in awe of Your story telling. How blessed are we to be a character in Your story!?

1 comment:

emildred said...

Your words made me think of the first lines of "Amazing Grace." Have you noticed how paradoxical a life of faith is? "I once was lost but now am found, was blind but now I see." God is greatest in our weakness - his glory shines forth best in weakened vessels. Amazing how God chooses to use the lowly and the down-trodden to reveal Himself and His love and mercy to the rest of the world. Keep on showing His light! :)